We are currently sourcing for a Bank Radiographer Emersons Green and Devizes NHS Treatment Centres. The Radiology Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will be expected to produce a high standard of professional radiographic practice at all times, maintaining a level of professional accountability in accordance with the SCoR statements of professional conduct, whilst undertaking all radiographic duties performed within the scope of practice of the appointed role.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Variable Hours, to cover workload, annual leave and sickness.
In return for your hard work you will receive a competitive salary of up to £20 per hour dependent on experience
Radiology Services Manager
• To undertake all radiographic duties efficiently and to a high standard, and to adhere to and work within the professional codes of conduct for Radiographers
• To be conversant with all routine procedures in general x-ray, dental, mobile and theatre radiography
• To maintain patients record for all examinations as per department protocol
• To check patient identification and documentation, and assure appropriate radiographic examinations are carried out in accordance with departmental protocols and clinical requests
• To report and record all equipment faults
• To ensure communication with other members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure the smooth running of the department
• To participate in clinical audit
• To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant Radiographic disciplines
• To take personal responsibility for the quality of his/her professional imaging duties
• To maintain patient confidentiality at all times
• To understand the obligation to maintain fitness to practice
• To be able to use research, reasoning and problem solving skills in delivery of the service
Skills & Experience
• 1 years post graduate general Radiography experience.
• Evidence of recent completion of BLS resuscitation skills, manual handling and fire evacuation/safety courses.
• Experience within the acute hospital sector
• Good general education.
• BSc in Radiography or DCR (Diploma of College of Radiographers) or equivalent.
• Registration with the HCPC.
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.