The post holder will assist with the provision and delivery of an integrated, safe, legal, high quality prison pharmaceutical service within HMP Isle of Wight based on Care UK National (Divisional) policies supported with local standard operating protocols, taking into consideration, at all times, the need to maintain a high level of security.
The post holder will be required to support the delivery of Pharmacy Services which will be part be of a comprehensive healthcare package based on the prison service’s needs.
The post holder will be an integral member of the Pharmacy Team. Care UK policies and procedures and statutory frameworks governing patient care in a prison setting will be used in order to deliver the highest standard of care to clients in line with National Guidelines
The post holder may be required to accept certain activities in relation to the day to day operational management of their unit and as such must ensure that they are trained and competent to take on these additional responsibilities.
Pharmacy Manager / Pharmacist
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The post holder will:
• Assist in delivering a high quality pharmacy service. Providing members of the Healthcare Team with information relating to pharmaceutical products, medicines
management, and general health education so that they are appropriately informed.
• Be responsible for achieving agreed key performance targets based on personal performance plans.
• Assist in leading the team of pharmacy support workers in the day to day provision of pharmacy services.
• Work with the Pharmacist to ensure the service is represented by staff in a professional manner at all times.
• Assist with the strategic development of Pharmacy Services in line with the Health Promotion Strategy.
Skills & Experience
• Relevant post-qualification experience
• Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
• Demonstrate and provide evidence of personal professional development.
Skills and Knowledge
· Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
· Assessment skills, including an understanding of risk assessments.
· Good IT skills & evidence of computer literacy
· Sound patient counselling skills, treating service users with respect and dignity at all times, adopting a culturally sensitive approach, which considers the needs of the whole person.
· Ability to recognise own personal/professional limitations.
· Able to build constructive relationships with warmth and empathy, using good communication skills.
· Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Experience in use of a medical software package
• Proven track record of effective use of networking and influencing skills
• NVQ level 3,BTEC or equivalent
• Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council
• Relevant post qualifying experience working within a pharmacy environment.
• Evidence of continuing professional development
• Friendly and approachable.
• Good presentation of self, enthusiastic, flexible, innovative.
• Committed to customer care and first class service provision.
• Flexible attitude to working arrangements. Must be able to multi-skill, changing work patterns at short notice. Must be able to work within changing environments.
• Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring.
• Motivated and committed on an individual basis and when working within a team.
• Ability to work within a pressurised environment.
• Receptive to feedback and the willingness to learn and develop.
• Mentally and physically fit to undertake the role as declared by Occupational Health.
• Willing to comply with prison security requirements within the prison.
• Willing to undertake and deliver training to ensure ongoing medicines management service continues to develop within the prison.
• Car driver - needs access to personal transport