We are currently sourcing for a Specialist Oral Surgeon to join our Devizes Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
You will be required to assess, manage and treat patients referred to the Treatment Centre at our main sites in Emersons Green or Devizes, working in accordance with treatment centre protocols and working practices. You will also be required to assess patients urgently in person on the unit as requested by team members during routine working hours.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 48 hours a week (40 scheduled plus 8 hours non-scheduled)
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of £105,000 per annum dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Dental procedures including;
• Surgical removal of wisdom tooth NEC
• Surgical removal of impacted wisdom tooth
• Extraction of multiple teeth NEC
• Surgical removal of tooth NEC
• Surgical removal of impacted tooth NEC
• Surgical removal of retained root of tooth
Other oral surgical procedures as required.
• To build close relations with the ENT surgical team, and other surgical colleagues as part of our multidisciplinary team.
• To participate in audit, research and management of the service.
• Participating in all aspects of the outpatient and operative care of the patients. The frequency of these will vary according to the needs of the service along with administrative, management and clinical governance duties as required.
Skills & Experience
• Clinical skills in all aspects of Oral surgery.
• Training and expertise in provision of conscious sedation
• Evidence of appraisal in past 12 months with satisfactory outcome
• Knowledge of evidence based practice.
• Excellent clinical skills
• UK registerable Dental Degree.
• Appropriate specialist qualification.
• Relevant CCT or equivalent.
• Past record of academic achievement
• Full and Specialist Registration in Oral Surgery with GDC.
• On-going CPD in line with GDC requirements and conscious sedation guidelines.
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.