We are currently sourcing for a Self Employed Optometrist to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Ophthalmology Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
You will assist in the efficient running of the ophthalmology service ensuring that the patient’s physical, spiritual and ethical needs are met, integrating high quality care in the most cost-effective setting. Ensuring an efficient and effective service that meets the required standards of relevant regulatory bodies.
You will organise and undertake pre-operative and post-operative assessments, including specialised biometry and ophthalmic measurements, of patients during the pre-procedure or post-procedure phase of their care pathway. To participate in the ongoing development of the ophthalmology services within the Treatment Centre
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Part Time, 8 Hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary of £350 per day
• To work within the surgical outpatient clinics and the perioperative area contributing to the effective running of all clinics
• Ensure completion of accurate information and assessment within the patient electronic record and Medisoft
• Have the ability to manage themselves, and their workload, both individually and as a team member
• To support the development of the nurse led pre-admission clinics, using appropriate information systems and ensuring compliance with best practice, within an appropriate regulatory frameworks and professional guidance
• To provide information/data to the Consultant Ophthalmologists and the Ophthalmology Lead according to patient needs, audit and quality requirements
• Assist in any investigation into any concern or complaint raised and provide a written response to the Consultant Ophthalmologist or Lead Ophthalmology Nurse if requested. Be able to suggest and take corrective action to prevent further re-occurrence if applicable
• Maintain close communication with patients and their carers at all times ensuring that the patients receive a high standard of nursing care
• To evaluate a patient’s suitability to undergo refractive surgery, and identify the appropriate course of treatment most suited to their individual requirements
• To provide verbal and written information and advice to patients pertaining to the proposed procedure – including likely outcomes, limitations of each procedure, aftercare schedule and recovery times
• To provide verbal information on the principles of refractive surgery, the possible side effects, the risks and the benefits of undergoing the proposed surgical procedure
• To review tests and investigation results, highlighting those which may require action by Consultant Ophthalmologists or nursing staff. Liaise and discuss outcomes with the surgeons or ophthalmology nurses
Skills & Experience
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in optometry within the specialism of ophthalmology - pre- and post-assessments of patients referred for refractive surgery
• Knowledge and skills of ophthalmic surgical care provision
• Knowledge and skills in respect of ophthalmic disease e.g. glaucoma
• Ability to work closely with consultant users
• Strong decision making skills
• Knowledge and experience of clinical supervision
• Qualified and registered optometrist with ophthalmology, outpatient and pre-assessment experience
• Physical examination training and skills
• To be registered with the appropriate professional body
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.