We are currently sourcing for a Consultant Anaesthetist to join our North East London NHS Treatment Centre. Our Anaesthetic Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will provide the full range of anaesthetic and medical care necessary to meet the needs of patients under the care of the North East London NHS Treatment Centre. Whilst the working patterns will be flexible and will entail an ad-hoc mix of late evenings and weekend work to meet the requirements of the unit. There is an on-call commitment that does not require the anaesthetist to be resident but post holders must be prepared to assess patients in person on the unit as requested by the RMO on duty. Post holders will be expected to provide cross-cover for colleagues during periods of absence, including for example annual leave and study leave.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
Fixed Term Contract - 12 Months Maternity Cover
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including an annual salary of up to £90,000 dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• To carry out necessary duties to ensure the best and most cost effective treatment of patients.
• Comply with the work schedule developed by the General Manager.
• To provide a full range of specialist diagnosis, treatment and care to inpatients, day cases and outpatients who require anaesthetic services and ensure anaesthetic care which is responsive to patient needs and to changes in workload.
• To undertake pre and post operative assessment of patients – this includes but is not limited to, providing good quality written information to the patient’s GP in the event of return to the NHS as unsuitable for treatment within the ISTC or outlining what further management is required before the patient can be treated within the ISTC in the case of temporary suspension.
• To partake in the on-call rota for Anaesthetists (1 in 7) and to provide cross-cover for Consultant colleagues during their absence. The on-call anaesthetist will check with the RMO on duty and the Senior Nurse in charge of the wards any patients who require assessment prior to leaving the unit at the close of his or her working day.
• To provide first line senior medical support to the RMOs, both within normal working hours and as part of the on-call rota. Postholders will advise the RMOs and attend the unit in person for the assessment of acutely unwell patients at the RMOs request. The postholder will be responsible for liasing with senior colleagues in the Barking, Havering and Redbridge Trust to effect the seamless transfer of acutely ill patients who require transfer across to the NHS.
• To participate in the Centre's audit and clinical governance programme.
• To contribute to the development of Clinical Quality Standards.
• To undertake all necessary administrative duties associated with the care of his/her patients.
• To be responsible to the Medical Director for the quality of care delivered and the effective and efficient use of the resources under his/her control.
• To contribute to the planning and development of anaesthetic services.
• To contribute to the Centre meetings.
• To contribute to the teaching of Centre staff.
Skills & Experience
• UK qualified 2 years experience
• EEA qualified 10 years experience
• Ability to lead a team.
• Able to conduct a clinical audit.
• Up to date with recent professional developments
• Qualified Anaesthetist on the Specialist Register of the GMC.
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.