We are currently sourcing for a Consulatant Ophthalmologist to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Ophthalmology Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will be required to perform a range of ophthalmology procedures, on patients referred to the treatment centre, working in accordance with treatment centre protocols and working practices. The role will be split between Emersons Green and Devizes.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 48 hours a week (40 scheduled plus 8 hours non-scheduled)
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of £140,000 per annum dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
The surgeon will participate in the outpatients prior to surgery, and in all aspects of the post-operative care of the patients. It is anticipated that the surgeon will spend all her time in a combination of outpatient assessment; administrative, management and clinical governance duties. You will work closely with clinical colleagues, both specialists and RMO’s, in order to enhance the level of patient care at the centre.
The final allocation of patient contact time will be agreed in discussion with the Registered manager of the Treatment Centre.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate a high level of skill in the operative and non-operative aspects of the management and assessment of the following areas:
· Slit-Lamp examination
· YAG Laser Capsulotomy and Iridotomy
· Biometry, including Immersion Ultrasound
· Syringing of the Nasolacrimal Duct
· Insertion of Punctal plugs
· Corneal and Eyelid suture removal
· Use of Bandage Contact Lens
Skills & Experience
· Wide training and experience in general ophthalmology
· Able to offer expert clinical opinion on range of problems within ophthalmology
· Able to take full and independent responsibility for delivering service without direct supervision
· Experience of high volume cataract surgery under topical anaesthesia
· Understanding of Clinical Governance
· Evidence of clinical outcomes
· UK registerable Medical Degree.
· Past record of academic achievement
· Full and Specialist GMC Registration in relevant speciality.
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.