About the Service
Are you a Consultant Neurosurgeon or an Orthopaedic Spinal Specialist? Are you looking for a new role, or perhaps some additional work? Do you have a passion for delivering a great patient experience? Look no further as Care UK may have the job for you!
Care UK delivers a Musculoskeletal (MSK) Service across East & West Lincolnshire incorporating a Specialist Spinal Service , where we provide assessment, diagnosis and treatment for NHS outpatients patients with a wide range of MSK problems.
We have multiple clinics within Lincolnshire, allowing us to treat patients closer to their homes and work. The clinics are based in North Hykeham, Boston, Louth, Mablethorpe and Skegness.
You will be part of our professional, multidisciplinary team (including Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioners and Orthopaedic Consultants), working together to provide a high quality service with a particular emphasis on safety, efficiency and evidence based delivery that’s structured around the patient.
We view an excellent patient experience as a key determinant in designing the service.
About the Job
As a Consultant Neurosurgeon/Spinal Specialist, you’ll be responsible for specialist spinal patients from assessment to discharge. This will include conducting face-to-face clinical assessment of spinal patients, referring them onwards for diagnostic tests or to primary or secondary care services for their ongoing management.
You’ll be a key player in the development of the Spinal service, working closely with the Operational Manager and the CCG. You will also work closely with the other clinicians in the service by providing greater knowledge in the management of spinal conditions.
We can offer this role on a permanent part-time basis, or on a self-employed basis, giving you the flexibility to choose how to best fit in with your other commitments.
What can we offer you?
• A competitive annual salary/hourly rates of pay
• Company pension scheme
• 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays (pro-rata)
• 10 days study leave (pro-rata)
• 2x Life Assurance
• Contribution towards Eye test and Glasses
• Cycle to work scheme – offering discounted rates and payment plans of bicycles and equipment
• Care UK Perks – offering you discounts and cash back with large retailers
• Annual employee recognition award ceremony
• Employee assistance programme, including support for you and your family
• Occupational Health Support
How will we support you?
We want our team to continue to learn, improve and adapt their skills to keep up to date with the developments within the medical world. In order to help facilitate this learning, we can offer you;
• Regular internal CPD clinical meetings
• Potential for funding for external courses
• Access to our bespoke and comprehensive e-learning system
• Networking opportunities with clinicians in other clinical settings
• Regional and national career development opportunities
What we'll need from you
• Full GMC registration and inclusion on a Specialist Register (Neurosurgery/ Orthopaedic)
• Experience and expertise in Neurosurgery and/or Orthopaedic Spinal Surgery
As an organisation Care UK is at the cutting edge of service development underpinned by a commitment to developing strong and effective leaders and embedding quality improvement methodologies. There is a strong track record of career progression within the organisation.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you'd like to learn more, arrange an informal visit to the service or have any questions please contact Glenn Coles on 01189 521 951 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Together we make things better.
Patients are at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone one of us matters.