We are currently sourcing for a Consultant General Surgeon to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Operating Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will be required to perform a range of general surgical procedures on patients referred to the Treatment Centre, working in accordance with Treatment Centre protocols and working practices.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 48 hours a week (40 scheduled plus 8 hours non-scheduled)
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary of £110,000 per annum dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
You will participate in the outpatient evaluation of patients prior to surgery, and in all aspects of the peri-operative care of patients. It is anticipated that about three days will be spent in the operating theatre and two days a week on outpatient evaluation and management of patients referred to the centre.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate a high level of operative skill in the following areas:
• Inguinal, Femoral, and other Hernia Repair – both Open and Laparoscopic
• Haemorrhoidectomy and other Perianal Procedures
• Cholecystectomy – both Open and Laparoscopic.
• Varicose Vein Surgery
• Minor Surgical Procedures
You will be required to build a close working relationship with other surgical colleagues as part of the multidisciplinary team. On top of being required to participate in audit, research and management of the service.
Skills & Experience
• Extensive knowledge and skills of relevant surgical practice
• Knowledge of evidence based practice
• Excellent clinical skills
• Wide training and experience in surgery
• Able to offer expert clinical opinion on range of problems within general surgery
• Able to take full and independent responsibility for delivering service without direct supervision
• Relevant experience and training in the performance of laparoscopic procedures
• UK registered Medical Degree
• MBChB or evidence of equivalent qualification
• Past record of academic achievement
• FRCS or equivalent
• Full and Specialist GMC Registration in relevant speciality
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.