We are currently sourcing for a Consultant Anaesthetist to join our Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre. The Operating Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will be required to perform a range of anaesthetic procedures, on patients referred to the treatment centre, working in accordance with hospital protocols and working practices. The post holder will be required to have completed a substantial number of procedures identified above independently. Applicants will be expected to have an excellent clinical quality record and be able to demonstrate the ability to perform efficiently in theatre.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• The successful candidate will be expected to provide a wide range of anaesthetic procedures, both general and regional. The main speciality is Orthopaedics, but General Surgery, ENT and Opthalmology are also performed here. This is on an elective basis except where a postoperative patient requires a return to theatre.
• Attend OPD on a rota basis to help in the preassessment of patients prior to surgery.
• Take part in an on-call rota with colleagues. He/she will be expected to make sure that there are adequate arrangements for hospital staff involved in the care of patients to be able to contact him/her when on call.
• To assist the RMO’s in the assessment of patients and advise appropriately, providing specialist knowledge in assessing and interpreting acute and other patients conditions
• In addition to the clinical duties he or she will undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of his/her patients and with the running of the Department. Each consultant will be responsible for producing the appropriate clinical records for each patient, which should be accurate, timely and complete, ensuring the safety and confidentiality of information.
• Work with local managers and professional colleagues in the efficient running of services and will share with consultant colleagues in the medical contribution to management.
Skills & Experience
• Wide training and experience in anaesthesia.
• Able to offer expert clinical opinion on range of problems in anaesthesia.
• Able to take full and independent responsibility for delivering service without direct supervision.
• Innovative approach to provision of anaesthesia services with ability to embrace change to improve the provision of care.
• Knowledge of evidence based practice.
• Excellent clinical skills
• Able to work within a multidisciplinary team
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to take responsibility and show evidence of leadership.
• Ability to work under pressure and cope with setbacks.
• Awareness of personal limitations.
• UK registered Medical Degree.
• Past record of FRCA academic achievement or equivalent
• Full and Specialist GMC Registration in relevant speciality.
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.