Step into Medical Leadership with Care UK
Care UK is building on its extensive experience in Primary Care. We are currently designing and making plans to deliver a completely unique and new model of care for general practice. Working with a leading Pharmacy Partner, the model aims to provide an enhanced general practice service to NHS patients through the use of technology, remote care and local clinical services.
This new way of delivering general practice services in the UK will utilise Care UK’s extensive clinical contact centre capability as well as optimising patient experience and service quality through comprehensive online capability. Patients will have online digital access to appointments and symptom checkers which automatically integrate into their health accounts.
We are now recruiting for a LMD to have clinical lead responsibility for our Brighton Sites, delivering our new model of care, contributing to the development of the new design and to work across high QOF achieving and Good CQC rated service, at the heart of Brighton.
Run by Care UK, this is a family-friendly NHS doctor’s surgery with 9000 registered patients, Sexual Health Service and Walk In Service locate across 2 modern premises. The services provide the community of Brighton and Hove with treatment and advice for a range of minor illnesses and injuries, long term conditions and sexual health concerns. We also provide the usual range of primary care services including immunisations, minor surgery and women’s health. The service is open every day of the week from 8am-8pm, including Bank Holidays.
We have a well-established team of salaried GPs, ANPs, Advanced Paramedic, Pharmacist, Practice Nurses and HCAs.
The Practice is an active member of the Primary Care Network and involved in new projects to change the delivery of Primary Care.
About the Role;
This unique role presents an excellent opportunity for a qualified GP who would like to test themselves in management, working within a new and innovative cutting edge model. As part of Care UK, we can provide you with the support and the tools to grow into the role and offer you the chance to develop and diversify your career.
As the Lead GP, you will be responsible for supporting the Lead Nurse and Service Delivery Manager, by leading in clinical effectiveness activities and supporting the individual GPs within the Service.
You will provide a specialist resource to the service for implementing quality improvements and service redesign where needed and engaging with external stakeholders and representing the service as a clinical lead such as at PCN and CCG meetings.
In addition, you will be responsible for identifying and championing best practice, through benchmarking, evidence based practice and implementation of clinical guidelines.
• To act as the local Medical Director supporting medical professionals within the services led by the local Service Manager
• To provide medical leadership as appropriate to practice requirements
• To identify and champion best practice through benchmarking, evidence based practice and implementation of clinical guidelines
• To be actively involved in identifying and setting up opportunities within the practices including advising on enhanced services
• To take provide leadership to the practice teams in specified clinical areas as part of practice development programme including quality improvement and service redesign to improve patient care
• To quarterly review progress against QOF and other relevant outcome measures and act accordingly
• To represent area GPs at the Care UK Doctors Forum and provide feedback to them
• To provide mentorship and support to area GPs as required
• To ensure the provision of a safe and quality focused service to patients through CV review and approval of locum doctors
• To support the Service Manager when required with interview, appointment and induction of new employed GPs
• To be pro-active in assisting colleagues in best practice with regard to prescribing and referrals
• To identify ways to promote opportunities for patient involvement in service development and evaluation
• To deliver practice development projects in the practice and those defined by the Practice Plus Steering Group as agreed with practice staff and Care UK Managers and Directors
• To share and disseminate acquired knowledge with all practice team members through in house practice developmental sessions and clinical governance meetings or critical incident reviews
• To support the Service Manager in the investigation and management of complaints or adverse clinical incidents, contributing to the Root Cause Analysis and implementing any lessons learnt
• To participate in an annual performance review and objective setting with the Care UK Primary Care Lead
• To support annual performance review of individual Care UK employed GPs within the area and assist the Medical Director with GP performance management when required.
• To be involved with recruitment of new GPs where required and to support interview, induction and selection processes for both sites
• To share and disseminate acquired knowledge with all Practice Plus team members through in house practice developmental sessions and clinical governance meetings or critical incident reviews
• To chair monthly Clinical Governance meetings and provide feedback of the clinical team’s concerns/ideas to the CG monthly meeting for Practice Plus and attend clinical meeting with our Pharmacy partner.
Skills & Experience
• Knowledge of methods of developing clinical quality assurance and evidence based practice.
• Evidence of up to date knowledge and skills.
• Evidence of ability to maintain and monitor high standards of care.
• Evidence of professional development and knowledge.
• Excellent Computer Skills.
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to negotiate effectively with external agencies.
• Quality focused with innovative approach, the ability to solve problems and implement action plans.
• A strong understanding of multi-disciplinary issues and commitment to multi-disciplinary working.
• Evidence of continuing professional development.
• Evidence of audit activities.
• Significant and varied experience as a GP
To meet the criteria for consideration, you must be a practicing General Practitioner and hold the following;
∙Inclusion in the GMC Register.
∙On a CCG Medical Performers List.
• The job is a permanent full time or part time opportunity.
• This comes with a generous salary of £110,000 per annum (pro rata if part-time), with additional reimbursement of indemnity costs and other benefits.
• 8-10 hours protected management time a week.
• Monthly clinical meetings with external speakers (CPD points)
• Personal development - work with SMT team on projects on service redesign and implementation of digital services.
• Work with the local PCN to develop local services, commission services and shape the future of general practice.
• An opportunity to become a GPSI.
• Working alongside a well-established team of salaried GPs, ANPs, Advanced Paramedic, Pharmacist, Practice Nurses and HCAs.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.