Are you looking for a portfolio career? Are you looking to establish expertise in Urgent Care?
Then working for the Suffolk and North East Essex CAS Care UK team may be the job for you.
Care UK is the largest provider of unscheduled care services in the UK and we proudly continue to lead the way with innovation in line with the vision of the NHS. This means we have a constant need to add to our bright and dynamic medical team to ensure we continue to fulfil the lives of our patients.
Care UK has been awarded a new contract for the delivery of Integrated Urgent Care (IUC) services across Suffolk and North East Essex. We have permanent or self-employed opportunities within the IUC Clinical Assessment Service (CAS), which serves over 1 million people across Suffolk and North East Essex.
If you want to broaden your clinical experience, are looking for more flexible hours, and need the freedom to develop a more fulfilling career, then Care UK is the quintessential place for you.
Whatever your interests, we’ll make sure that your skills are kept completely up to date with a CPD programme. We work closely with the NHS and ensure to provide an environment where there are always opportunities to innovate and learn and put your ideas forward.
About the Job
The IUC CAS service is a telephone-based service that is physically located in a modern call centre in Ipswich.
You’ll be part of a multidisciplinary team where the GP’s and ANP’s are the lead clinicians. The other members of the team include Pharmacists, Registered Nurses, UCP’s, Mental Health Nurses, Dental Nurses, Prescribing Pharmacists and Pharmacy Advisors
The CAS team works collaboratively with teams providing the 111, Primary Care Centre and home visiting service of the IUC and also with the ambulance service too.
Shifts are typically 8 hours long, however as we provide 24/7 care, you have the choice of day time, evening and overnight shifts.
Patients will get referred to you via NHS 111, where you’ll use your clinical expertise to treat, advise or refer them on to another healthcare resource such as a walk-in centre. You’ll have full use of our electronic prescribing Directory of Services, which will allow you to see the full range of services available for you to manage the patient.
What can we offer you?
• Competitive Pay
• Indemnity reimbursement
• 33 days annual leave (pro-rata, including bank holidays)
• Company Pension Scheme
• 2x Life Assurance
• Contribution towards Eye test and Glasses.
• Cycle to work scheme – offering discounts rates and payment plans of bicycles and equipment
• Care UK perks –offering you discounts and cash back with large retailers.
• Annual employee recognition award ceremony
• Employee assistance programme, including support for you and your family
• Occupational health support
• Access to our bespoke e-learning system
How will we support you?
• Regional and National Leadership development opportunities
• Regular education events, including the opportunity to have a weekly case discussion with the Medical Lead
• Bimonthly evening meals/clinical updates for the CAS team, where we also invite external speakers
• Our bespoke Learning Management System to address your learning needs
• Discounted rates for national GP update/clinical topic refreshers.
• Support from the wider team, should you need it.
What we'll need from you
• Be on the GMC Register
• Be on the GP Performers List with a valid CCT
• Experience & confidence in managing acute and chronic presentations for both adult and paediatric patients.
• Evidence of continuing professional development
• Ability to maintain and monitor high standards of care.
As an organisation Care UK is at the cutting edge of service development underpinned by a commitment to developing strong and effective leaders and embedding quality improvement methodologies. There is a strong track record of career progression within the organisation.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you'd like to learn more, arrange an informal visit to the service or have any questions please contact Karla Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org / 07918 766 170
Together we make things better.
Patients are at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone one of us matters.