We are currently hiring for a Fixed Term Outpatients Administrator to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Outpatient Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
You will coordinate the flow of patients arriving in the Outpatients department to ensure that the patient experience is optimised and patient journey times through the department are minimised. You will be the central point of contact for the patient and as such liaises with clinicians and other hospital teams to put the patient at the centre of the service delivery.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Contract Length - 1 Year, Maternity Cover
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary of up to £17,850 per annum
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Administration Team Lead
• To actively manage the patient’s journey around the department and monitor patient flow.
• To assist with the departmental clerical/administrative duties, to include photocopying, transporting of equipment, Capex and maintenance requests/ paper-work to other departments.
• To be responsible for the safeguarding of confidential patient records
• To be responsible for distributing the patient clinic lists and organising the patient files.
• To provide administrative support to the OPAT and Endoscopy Manager
• To identify opportunities to enhance and improve the patient experience within Outpatients.
• To attend mandatory study sessions and workshops as requested.
• To update skills and knowledge as required by Care UK. And ensure understanding and application of all relevant policies and procedures & to ensure that they are adhered to
Skills & Experience
• Intermediate Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook skills
• Recent experience working within an acute or elective healthcare environment
• Recent administration experience
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Good general education
• NVQ qualifications or recognised training in Administration
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.