We are currently sourcing for a Part Time Discharge Coordinator to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Administration Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will discharge patients from the clinical service through issuing of the required discharge report within the agreed time frames. You will complete accurately and in a timely manner all correspondence of the outcomes of Clinical appointments and any dictations by the clinicians.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 30 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
•A competitive salary of up to £18,360 pro rata dependent on experience
•Contributory pension scheme
•25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
•CPD and revalidation support
•Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
•Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Patient Services Lead
• To discharge patients on the Patient Administration System (PAS) through issuing discharge reports.
• To ensure completion and verification of the discharge report, and to liaise with Clinicians regarding any unfinished Electronic Patient records.
• To complete and review all clinical correspondence against set criteria before it is sent to the referring clinician.
• To ensure completion and verification of consultant’s dictated letters which can arise from Pre-operative Outpatient assessments, Follow-up appointments and Lab Results.
• To liaise with referring clinicians and other stakeholders regarding receipt and completeness of correspondence.
• To manage the sending of Endoscopy reports and results according to agreed timeframes.
• To complete any Fast Track Referrals in a timely and accurate manner to the appropriate services.
• To assist with providing relevant information needed for audit and commissioning to support decision making by clinicians, management and the finance department.
• To attend document review related meetings as directed by the Unit Manager.
• To scan all paper medical record into the Patient Administration System (PAS).
• To answer referring GP’s queries regarding discharge report and rejection letter.
• To prioritise own day to day workload.
• To merge any duplicate notes, facilitating a single contemporaneous record. To ensure that all relevant paper documents are scanned in correctly to the Patients Electronic Record.
Skills & Experience
• Substantial Administrative experience
• Experienced team worker
• Experience of dealing with the public
• Conversant with Microsoft Office packages
• Good spoken and written English
• Good general education, GCSE/O’level standard of education to include English or equivalent
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.