We are currently hiring for a Deputy Sterile Services Manager to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Sterile Services Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
You will support the Sterile Services Manager in the provision of a safe and effective decontamination and sterile supplies service to all departments within the hospital. You will ensure that every medical device is prepared fit for the purpose prior to patient use. You will undertake tasks involved with the decontamination process i.e. cleaning, checking, packing, assembling, sterilising and distribution of medical devices. You will deputise for the Sterile Service Manager in their absence and to attend meetings as and when required
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holiday
s• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Sterile Services Manager
• Participate in all duties in accordance with departmental work schedules i.e. cleaning, checking, assembling, packing, sterilisation and distribution.
• Work in accordance with documented departmental policies and procedures.
• To report all defects identified in theatre trays and instruments to the Sterile Service Manager
• To ensure that all relevant daily validation testing is undertaken and recorded on the appropriate documentation in compliance with local policies and procedures.
• To be responsible for identifying and checking all returned instruments and equipment as specified on the tray specification sheet.
• To undertake quality checks for cleanliness and completeness of equipment before distribution
• Prepare and record appropriate documentation e.g. labelling and recording for traceability.
• Ensure the maintenance of good relationships, communications and teamwork with other disciplines and departments within CARE UK
• To ensure that PPE is always used when undertaking cleaning tasks;
• To ensure that standard precautions are maintained and processes follow infection control guidance
• Take reasonable care of the health and safety of yourself and of the other people who may be affected by actions and omissions at work.
Skills & Experience
• Experience as a technician in Sterile Services Department
• Experience as an Endoscopy Decontamination technician
• Experience in a health care setting
• Good general education GCSE/O’level standard including English and maths.
• Good standard of written and spoken English
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.