A challenging and rewarding opportunity has arisen for a Change and Configuration Analyst to join Care UK, a leading independent healthcare organisation, on a permanent full time basis.
Based in our offices in Totton, Southampton, this job will provide Change, Asset and Configuration services to our users, ensuring requests for change are managed and implemented within SLA and our CMDB is accurately maintained and Configuration Items are fully tracked. Support to circa 3000 users across more than 60 sites for the Primary Care division of Care UK.
We operate 24/7 ensuring service support is delivered to meet expectations. The working pattern for this role will be Monday to Friday working 8.5 hours per day between 08:00 to 18:00, including 1 hour for lunch.
• Co-ordinate both standard & emergency change approvals liaising between approvers and initiators
• Provide support on user impacting Changes being implemented
• Manage change requests, liaising with users, 3rd party suppliers and other business units as appropriate
• Management and production of monthly reporting
• Management of the secure asset storage area
• Delivering of training and guidance to required support teams
• Manage Mailboxes for Changes / Service Desk
• Work with Service Desk Management in the production of new Change & Configuration processes
• Manage Hardware Requests from new, providing a quote, obtaining a purchase order and dispatching the assets
• Management of some Service Request tasks, such as; Laptop & Desktop Builds
• Customer focused
• Analytical approach with close attention to detail
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Confident and self-motivated with a positive can do attitude
• Team player
• Basic understanding of ITIL principles
• Understanding of Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
• Basic understanding of network infrastructure and system components
• Basic knowledge of hardware components
• ITIL Foundation Certification would be advantageous
**Training is continually delivered by Care UK and support to gain the above will be provided**
About Care UK
Care UK was founded in 1982. Today our healthcare services include treatment centres, prison health services, GP practices, NHS walk-in centres, GP out-of-hours and clinical assessment and diagnostics facilities. This means that we provide a greater range of specialist care services than any other organisation in the UK.
Care UK is the largest independent provider of urgent care services in England incorporating OOH's, single point of access and referral management. We deliver excellent, high value patient care on behalf of the NHS for over eight million patients across England.
We work with the NHS to deliver high quality healthcare services, reducing waiting times and giving the patient a greater level of choice. We also take healthcare services closer to where people live and work – increasing the efficiency and quality of the services we deliver and helping to reduce waiting times. For more information, please visit our website: http://careukhealthcare.com
We can offer you
• £19,000 - £21,000
• 25 days annual leave + 8 public holidays
• Company Pension Scheme
• Regional/national opportunities
• Free online and face-to-face training
• Cycle to work scheme
• Online discounts
Once you have applied to this job, you will be contacted by Daniel who sits within our recruitment team by phone or email if you have been shortlisted for interview.
If you would like a full comprehensive Job Description please email email@example.com
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Care UK reserve the right to close this advert early, if a sufficient number of applications have been received.