We are currently sourcing for a Bank Sterile Services Technician to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Facilities Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will provide a high standard of decontamination and sterile services in the Treatment Centre. To work in co-operation with theatres, to provide a flexible and efficient service that is responsive to the needs of patients, surgeons and the Treatment Centre. The CSSD Technician is responsible for helping to maintain the supplies inventory.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Variable hours. To over workload, annual leave and sickness
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of up to £10 per hour dependent on experience
• To participate in the reprocessing of reusable medical devices. This includes the washing, disinfecting, assembling, sterilisation and tracking of theatre trays and single instrumentation. All trays to be produced ‘fit for use’ and following department procedures.
• Ensure accurate records are maintained in relation to volume and non-conformance, stock etc.
• Ensure stock levels are maintained & assist with re-ordering in line with department guidelines.
• Update and maintain the computer system for tracking and monitoring instruments and trays.
• Establish and maintain effective communication links with all Treatment Centre staff.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings as required.
• Work to prescribed standards in order to minimise risk and retain customer satisfaction, customer being surgeon, theatre team and ultimately the patient.
• To participate in audits and assist with the introduction of changes in practice, which improve the quality of care for patients.
• Ensure that all equipment processed for use is correctly labelled and available as required.
• Ensure that any equipment leaving the centre is correctly documented.
• Keep areas of work clean and tidy in accordance with departmental housekeeping policy.
• Ensure compliance with health and safety guidance, particularly in regard to personal protective equipment; risk identification and COSHH legislation.
• To maintain standards of infection control within the department.
• Working knowledge of all instrumentation.
Skills & Experience
• Experience gained in a healthcare or similar setting
• The ability to handle multi faceted problems in a busy fast moving environment
• The ability to return information and carry out instructions accurately
• The ability to accurately record data
• Good standard of education
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.