We are currently sourcing for a Bank HCA at our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Radiology Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will provide support to the clinical staff, ensuring a safe and effective clinical service is provided to all users across the Radiology department, this will involve liaising with other multi-disciplinary teams, PACU, Theatres, Outpatients and the Ward as required. The position includes participating in the undertaking of basic tests, investigations and chaperoning.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Variable (no guaranteed hours). To cover workload, annual leave and sickness.
In return for your hard work you will receive a competitive salary of up to £8.70 per hour dependent on experience
• Work as an effective team member and understands the importance of team working in the delivery of high quality patient care
• Work within the team to maintain high standards of cleanliness as per Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) policies in the clinical area.
• Provide a well-maintained departmental environment.•Assist with interventional procedures under the direction of clinical staff
• Assist with non-clinical activities to ensure the smooth running of the department.
• Understand the importance of the patient and place them at the centre of service.
• Demonstrates understanding of fundamental legal practices related to consent and the prevention of abuse
• Comply with the Care UK Equality and diversity and Dignity at work policies.
• Is able to carry out routine patient care duties at own discretion and other care practices as directed by the Radiographers and Radiologists.
• To perform tasks within the CAREUK policies and procedures, to enhance the quality of patient focused service provided
• Assist the Radiologist and Sonographer undertaking investigations including joint injections
• The ability to chaperone clinics including ultrasound assisting the consultant or sonographer to deliver a high standard of care to patients
• Displays excellent two-way communication with patients, families and colleagues. Is able to overcome barriers to understanding when the patient’s first language is not English or has a neurological impairment, learning or hearing difficulties
• To effectively communicate with all medical, nursing and staff of all disciplines concerning the care of the patient
• To assess patient and carers and provide advice meeting their needs.
Skills & Experience
• 1-2 years experience within a healthcare environment
• Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team
• NVQ Level 2 or working towards
• BLS training
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.