We are currently sourcing for a Bank Healthcare Assistant to join our Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre. Our Ward Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will support the professional staff with the overall responsibility for all patients in the department.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Variable Hours, to cover workload, sickness and annual leave
In return for your hard work you will receive a competitive salary of up to £9.39 per hour.
· Welcoming/greeting patients to the ward area.
· Assist ward security by challenging visitors to the ward environment.
· Answering the telephone, recording and delivering messages accurately and to the appropriate person.
· Assist in the ordering and monitoring of stores and stock rotation.
· Running errands to other departments.
· Support other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
· Be aware of the necessity for confidentiality.
· Promote patient comfort by using effective positioning techniques.
· Assist in the provision of hygiene care, including skin, hair, mouth and nail care.
· Assist in the provision of pressure area care and utilisation of available aids.
· Assist in the dressing/undressing of patients.
· Openly communicate with patients and relatives to alleviate anxieties and worries.
· Assist in attending to patient’s nutritional requirements including meal service and feeding as needed.
· Assist in attending to patient’s elimination needs, demonstrating competence in managing incontinence.
· Assist in the making of beds, handling of bed linen and disposal of used linen.
· Aid control of infection in the department/treatment centre environment through adherence to Infection Control Policies e.g. universal precautions.
· Accurately monitor and record the weight, pulse, temperature and blood pressure of patients.
· Undertake urine tests for patients.
· Ensure any abnormalities or changes in patients conditions are reported immediately to a Registered Nurse.
· Assist with the moving and handling of patients ensuring the use of aids and equipment.
· Take a pro-active approach to health and safety reporting any accidents/incidents to the Team Leader.
· Promote patient independence.
· Encourage carers/family/relatives to be involved in patient care.
· Assist in the general cleanliness/tidiness of the ward environment.
Skills & Experience
· Experience of caring for others
· Experience in a hospital environment
· NVQ Level 2
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.