We are currently hiring for a Bank Administrator to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Admin Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
You will work as a member of the administration team to provide a comprehensive receptionist role to the Unit, ensuring that all patients are dealt with in a professional and courteous manner, which endorses the patient centred approach of the team. To assist in the clerical function of the Unit.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Variable Hours (none guaranteed). To cover workload, annual leave and sickess
In return for your hard work you will receive…
•A competitive salary of up to £9.60 per hour
Administration Team Lead
• Provide an efficient and effective reception service to patients, staff and visitors. To meet and greet all arrivals in a professional and customer/patient centred approach in line with the customer service standards of Care UK.
• To answer telephone calls from patients, GP surgeries and other hospital staff on all aspects relating to booking appointments. To distribute calls and messages.
• Provide advice in all matters relating to patient’s appointments, both by telephone and face to face.
• To contact patients before attendance in order to confirm attendance and set expectations around waiting times.
• To arrange contract taxis as required.
• To contact clinical staff using the paging system.
• Use the computer system to record patient information including cancellations, DNA’s and patient’s attendance to outpatients and theatre.
• To request electronic Radiology images and reports.
• To scan in documents/results to the patient record ensuring accuracy in matching documents to the correct patient.
• To operate an efficient Patient Administration System (PAS) to ensure the timely and accurate recording of administrative information.
To supervise incoming faxes and distribute as necessary and ensure the machine is maintained with toner and paper.
• To sort post incoming and outgoing; both internal and external mail. Accept parcel deliveries throughout the day, and to frank all outgoing mail.
• To receive hospital business/visitors to the treatment centre, deal with enquiries and direct visitors as necessary, ensuring they sign in and out and return visitor badges and/or keys.
Skills & Experience
• Experience of dealing with the public in person and by phone
• Excellent Telephone technique
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good keyboard/computer skills
• Good general education, GCSE/O’level standard including English or equivalent
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.