I help to make a difference.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time experienced Administrator to join our busy admin team at HMP Wakefield. We are looking for someone who is methodical, with excellent communication skills who is looking for a challenging role.
The successful candidate will be a team player, with the ability to manage their own workload and have a flexible approach to the post in a busy office environment, with the ability to work under well under pressure.
Demonstrated ability to take minutes, audio type and use of SystmOne would be advantageous.
• To deal with all aspects of administration for the Mental Health team, including booking appointments, sending out appointment letters, booking of gatekeeping assessments and audio typing Psychiatry reports.
• Ensure meetings are prioritised appropriately, be responsible for organising, distributing the agenda and minute taking.
• Some P.A. duties involved.
• Co-ordinate local complaints and concerns management, including logging complaints, typing up complaint responses etc. and ensuring managers respond to complaints within the allocated timeframe
• Co-ordinate and prioritise own workload.
• Ensure self and colleagues are all working in an aligned manner adhering to agreed systems and processes.
• Information technology training for use of computers and systems, logging-in procedures, use of intranet and electronic prisoner patient records.
• Maintain good quality electronic and hard copy filing systems including filing and retrieving organisational documents, records and reports.
• Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email. .
• Ensuring all urgent and/or confidential communications are received and distributed from/to relevant parties in a timely manner.
• Assist and participate with overall maintenance of the organisation and its offices
• Liaise with external service providers.
• Provide relief cover for other administrative duties and roles as required.
• Escorting and chaperoning visitors and contractors around the prison as directed when required.
• Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of patient, staff and agency information.
• This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.
• This job description is subject to regular review and appropriate modification.
• Able to prioritise and meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Able to make decisions without direct supervision within scope of role.
• Able to oversee junior staff activity, guiding, positively correcting and supporting.
• Experience and expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g.- excel, word, outlook)
• Wide ranging experience of office routines and procedures
• Arranging meetings/appointments
• Working with multi-disciplinary teams
Mental Health Admin experience is desirable
Experience of working with Patient Administration Systems
Experience of working within a health care setting.
Experience of healthcare other care or Prison environment
Minute Taking of meetings
This is a full time position of 37.5 hours offering a salary of up to £21,000
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as a sufficient number of suitable applications have been received. If you're interested, please apply for this job as soon as you can.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to Care UK Terms & Conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.