We will continue to play an essential role in the NHS, providing high quality and affordable services on behalf of, and with, our NHS partners.
As the leading privately owned provider of NHS healthcare services, we will also work to ensure that those services are as flexible and innovative as they can be and that they are tailored to meet the unique needs of local communities. We will continue to scan the healthcare environment and to talk to patients to anticipate these needs. What’s more, we will continue to recruit the best teams to find solutions that meet the needs of local communities so that we will always be the partner of choice for the NHS.
We are committed to improving quality across all our services:
- for patients accessing their GP services
- those needing urgent help through our NHS 111, out-of-hours or urgent care services
- those receiving diagnostic or outpatient care through our CATS services or surgery at our treatment centres
- and offenders receiving care from our teams in prisons nationwide.
The range of awards we have won demonstrates this quality and we continually strive for improvement in every service.
Our priorities for 2015-16 will help us to achieve our quality goals and to be the partner of choice in our chosen markets.
- To retain and grow our existing NHS hospital services and support other NHS hospitals, so that Care UK continues to provide large scale support to the NHS and to be highly regarded by patients and communities.
- To work with commissioners and other partners to transform the way primary and community-based care is provided so that the public can access services conveniently and confidently, proactively managing health and wellness and avoiding unnecessary hospitalisation.
- To continue to develop our out-of-hours primary care services and be a key partner to the NHS in establishing 111 as a convenient source of medical advice valued by the public.
- Our focus on recovery from mental illness will be recognised as exemplary for patients and commissioners, enabling patients to contribute fully to society.
- To continue to focus on the training and development of our employees, ensuring that they are offered opportunities for career development and are rewarded for enhancing their skills and expertise.