At Care UK Health Care our vision is to be the UK’s leading independent provider of community and hospital-based health services.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Supporting people to live independent and fulfilling lives.
- Being the partner of choice in the public sector, trusted to deliver the right care in the right place at the right time.
- Differentiating ourselves through the quality of our services and the engagement of our people, ensuring we are innovative and patient focused.
- Living our values every day:
- our patients are at the heart of everything we do
- every one of us makes a difference
- together we make things better.
Bringing our vision to life
We are the largest provider of NHS 111 services in the UK with four call centres serving around 15 million people. Last year we networked our call centres to create a fully robust system in which patient calls are answered as quickly as possible, regardless of local peaks in demand.
2014 saw us win the Patient Safety Award for our work to improve end-of-life care for offenders in HMP Isle of Wight and in prisons in the North East.
For patients in HMP Isle of Wight our work has included personalised support following diagnosis, facilitated family visits, plus regular meetings to consider the patient’s physical, emotional, practical and spiritual needs. We have also developed tools, protocols and pathways to support end-of-life-care for offenders in prisons in the North East. This includes developing training for colleagues working with these patients and running patient groups to discuss issues around end-of-life care. We’re proud that our standards have been adopted by Macmillan.
We provide the popular mobile CATS services in the Greater Manchester area, which is the only service of its kind in the UK. Mobile trailers are placed in retail car parks, providing high quality accessible healthcare in convenient locations. In most cases patients can see a consultant and have any diagnostic tests they need in the same appointment.
Bowel cancer screening
In 2013 we became the first independent provider of healthcare services to offer bowel screening at the Will Adams NHS Treatment Centre in Gillingham, Kent.
Check our "Day In The Life Of" series where our staff members gives us an insight view of a day at work with Care UK.