We have an exciting new opportunity for a Supplies Assistant to join our multidisciplinary team at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre in Bristol.
At Emersons Green we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Bristol, Bath, North and North East Somerset, and South Gloucestershire.
Bristol has been named the best place to live in Britain in 2017 by the Sunday Times best places to live guide. In 2015 it was the European Green Capital and in 2017 Rough Guide included it in one of the top 10 cities to visit in the world. With two railway stations you can easily reach London, Swansea and Cardiff as well as taking advantage of services to Birmingham and the North East. You also benefit from being close to the M4 as well as Bristol Airport.
First opened in 2009, Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre was awarded ‘Good’ in its last CQC Inspection in July 2016. The site offers state of the art operating facilities with care provided by highly trained clinical professionals who are able to take advantage of some of the best training and development opportunities in healthcare.
Clinical Supplies Manager
As a Supplies Assistant you will be an integral member of the clinical supplies team managing the procurement process of medical consumable stock items within the centre.
Key duties will include:
• Stock control for the whole unit including interface with the stock control function in theatres and theatre store
• Dead stock monitoring, performing and capturing of monthly stock counts and daily stock control reports
• Placing orders with suppliers for all consumable and non-consumable stock items for the treatment centre
• Receiving, unpacking and packing the stock received into the unit, according to the stock management protocol
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Extensive and relevant experience from working within a stores / supply chain / procurement environment
• Experience of using stock management software
• Experience gained in a healthcare environment
• Knowledge of health and safety requirements
• Good standard of education
The salary for this role is £16,000 - £18,000 depending on experience.
At Emersons Green, we offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology. In addition we also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology.
For more information about Emersons Green, please visit http://www.emersonsgreentreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.