We are currently sourcing for a Private Patient Coordinator & Receptionist to join our Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre. Our Administration Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will be responsible for overseeing and co-ordinating the various administrative, functional and site specific work streams associated with private patient services. The post holder will be the single point of contact for all private patients. They will take responsibility for managing all private patients’ pathways once booked by the PPCC.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of up to £15,990 per annum dependent on experience, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• Ensure patient pathways are managed in line with relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Liaise closely with on-site administrative teams to manage the referral pathway, ensuring that all private patients are recorded appropriately on the PAS.
• Liaise with Administrative and Clinical teams to confirm agreed Treatment Centre pathway routes and timings for private patients.
• Ensure process is managed to allow sufficient clinic and theatre slots are made available in a timely manner for the private patients. Regularly reviewing trends and patients in the pathways.
• Ensure the deployment database and any other information provided to the PPCC is upto to date e.g. new consultants, new procedures.
• Provide reports regarding the ongoing progress of the private patient pathways.
• Hold an extensive working knowledge of the private patient service and offer advice on the various packages that Care UK offer, providing supporting documentation to patients where required.
• Understand the reasons behind why some procedures are available on the NHS and some are not and therefore why a private patient option has been developed for patients within Care UK.
• Answer patient telephone calls and online enquiries promptly and in a helpful and courteous manner remaining aware of the need to maintain confidentiality at all times. Sales and “closure” responsibility.
• Effectively communicate via telephone, email and face to face remaining confident at all times when faced with challenging conversations.
• Build a good rapport with internal and external customers of the Treatment Centre.
• Effectively utilise the Customer Relationship Management System (TBD) to capture and manage potential private
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all colleagues, working closely with specific teams to identify further opportunities for private patients.
• Process payments using various payment methods. Where necessary liaise with external providers such as Healthcare Finance House, Worldpay and Insurance companies with regards to private patient funding.
• Marketing materials – in conjunction with the SC Marketing Team be responsible for reviewing and maintaining accurate details re local private patient product/offering on web; correct range of POS materials etc.
Skills & Experience
• Administration experience
• Competence in using relevant I.T. applications
• Experience of working within the Healthcare sector or a patient-facing environment
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure to meet targets and deadlines
• Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills’ - ability to ‘brief’ accurately and convincingly to a range of audiences
• Thorough and attentive
• Ability to use own initiative
• Problem solving, influencing and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to build purposeful relationships and command confidence
• Good level of educational attainment
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.