We are currently sourcing for a Porter to join our Southampton NHS Treatment Centre. Our Facilities Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will provide the safe and efficient transfer of patients and goods around the Treatment Centre as required and to work as part of the Treatment Centre Team to provide a safe and caring environment in which to meet patients needs.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including an annual salary of up to £17,365.61 per annum dependent on experience, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Clinical Supplies and Contracts Manager
Transfer of Patients
• To accompany admissions to the correct ward, to and from theatre, X-ray department and the patient’s transport on discharge.
• To ensure a safe environment for patients whilst transporting them.
• To assist in ensuring that the patients needs are met
• To support the patient physically and emotionally.
• When transporting patients ensure that they are secure and covered and that they are treated kindly and with respect.
• To assist the ward/theatre staff in the transferring of a patient from one bed to another when requested
Transfer of Goods & Equipment
• To accept deliveries, ensure boxes are stored appropriately and rubbish removed.
• To adhere to manual handling and infection control procedures
• To assist with the delivery of stock from the consumables store to other departments as and when required.
• To follow correct Health and Safety guidelines on the maintenance and use of oxygen cylinders, ensure that deliveries are made, that cylinders are stored securely and that keys to the storage area are kept safely.
• To safely & securely transfer medical and corporate records adhering to the Data Protection Act & Caldicott Guidelines.
• Report any incidents/accidents promptly to the Head Porter / Clinical Services Manager.
• Understand and adhere to Care UK’s policies, procedures, Best Practice Guidelines and comply with Statutory, National Care Standards and Purchaser requirements.
• Implement and comply with Unit Specific Policies and procedures.
• Provide a service that is flexible, responsive and non-discriminatory.
• Maximise own workload efficiently and effectively but not compromising quality.
• Uphold Care UK’s clinical governance systems.
• Participate in team meetings to ensure informed and involved in developments in delivery of the portering service and of the Treatment Centre as a whole
• Familiarise yourself and adhering to all contractual KPI’s pertaining to your department
• Achieving financial and non-financial targets related to portering that supports the contractual agreement as well as business needs.
• Participating in change and development projects that affect the hospital To understand the staff structure of the hospital and be aware of communication channels.
• To participate in discussions at staff meetings and assist in the training and orientation of new members of the team.
• To assist in maintaining a clean and neat environment both internally and externally.
• To be aware of the emergency procedure for the treatment centre.
Skills & Experience
• 1 year’s relevant experience
• Good communication skills verbal/written
• Varied “life skills”
• Ability to “get on with people”
• Demonstrates common sense
• Sensitivity and empathy with people
• Ability to appreciate the needs of others
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Ability to follow instructions
• Good standard of basic education
• Literate and numerate
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 902.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.