We are currently sourcing for a Part Time Patient Administrator to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Administration Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will work as a member of the administration team to provide a comprehensive administration/booking role to the Unit, ensuring that all patients are dealt with in a professional and courteous manner, which endorses the patient centered approach of the team. To assist in the operational function of the Unit.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Part Time, 30 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of £14,688 per annum dependent on experience, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Patient Services Manager
• To identify and register new patients referred to the centre using eRS, the Patient Administration System (PAS) and other windows based applications.
• To ensure that individual clinic profiles are accurate and appropriately set up in the PAS.
• To liaise with regional Referral Management Centre regarding referral enquiries and slot availability matters.
• To answer telephone calls from patients, GP surgeries and other hospital staff on all aspects relating to booking appointments, patient admissions and patient referral letters.
• To provide advice in all matters relating to patient appointments, both by telephone and face to face.
• To assist the theatre scheduler with contacting patients to book for surgery
• To use the computer system to record patient information including cancellations, DNA’s and patient attendance within the Hospital.
• To book outpatient sessions within strict booking guidelines adhering to breach dates and ensuring optimal utilisation of clinic lists.
• To pull patient information together where appropriate for outpatient clinics.
• To process and manage referrals in order to meet the requirements of Care UK performance objectives.
• Clinic capacity must be monitored by the booking staff and any shortfall notified to the Patient Services Manager.
• Attend Scheduling Meetings when required to provide outpatient capacity and waiting time information.
• To contact patients on internal waiting lists to offer earlier appointments
• To help support the Reception service to patients, staff and visitors. To meet and greet all arrivals in a professional and customer/patient centred approach in line with the customer service standards of Care UK.
• To learn all roles within the admin team. This will include medical records, pre-surgery phone calls and theatre scheduling.
• Provide cover for other departments in the event of staff shortages.
• To be flexible to work to shift patterns which, occasionally may include evenings and weekend working hours.
Skills & Experience
• Relevant administrative experience in Healthcare or Service Sector
• Reception experience
• Experienced team worker
• Experience of dealing with the public in person and by phone
• Excellent telephone technique
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to deal with difficult situations in a calm manner
• Good keyboard/computer skills
• Conversant with Microsoft Office Packages
• Good skills using Patient Administration Systems or equivalent
• Attention to detail
• Numerate and literate
• Good spoken and written
• Good general education to GCSE/O level including English
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.