We are currently sourcing for a Part Time Theatre Administrator to join the Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre. Our Theatre Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will ensure the smooth running of the administrative side of theatres and day ward, and to support the Theatre Manager.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - 15 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of £17,000 pro rata dependent on experience, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• Print all theatre lists for the following week, and check for potential issues with equipment, type of surgery, number of cases per list etc, for further discussion with the Theatre Manager.
• Produce revised lists to reflect any on the day theatre list changes.
• Organise and re-sequence major theatre lists acknowledging various information, eg, allergies, diabetes, revisions, aspirations, infected cases, ASA, age,.
• Re-sequence minor theatre lists, call patients regarding any change of appointment times.
• Produce patient Discharge Summaries for day cases and shoulder cases from surgeons notes for approval and signature.
• Book all post op bookings on Proxima, eg, surgeon follow up, removal of stitches, removal of catheters etc.
• Liaise with patients and other departments to overcome any related issues.
• Capture movement of patient records to other departments.
• Record all procedures completed accurately
• Place orders with Pharmacy/stores for implants and shoes
• Correct all theatre tracking errors on Proxima, from the Tracking Error report
• Perform any clerical function requested by the Theatre Manager
• Continually assess all administrative duties for necessity, streamlining etc, discuss with Theatre Manager and update methods
• Ensure theatre has a continued stock of all office sundries
• Maintain accurate filing systems and an up to date Master copy file
• All fire Marshall activities, checking equipment, attending meetings
• Keep up to date with and change surgeons and anaesthetists rosters as required, advise staff of any seen potential issues
• Liaise with all departments in the hospital regarding theatre lists, patients, post op and physio appointments as necessary
• Liaise with GPs and hospitals regarding patients and requesting patient notes
Skills & Experience
• 3 year’s relevant administration experience including invoicing/stock control/spreadsheets
• Knowledge of health and safety requirements
• Experience gained in a similar setting
• Knowledge of theatre surgical items
• Knowledge of customer care
• Varied “life skills”
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates common sense
• Sensitivity and empathy with people
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Good standard of education
• Computer literate
• Formal qualification in business administration
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.