We have a new opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner to join our multidisciplinary team at Devizes NHS Treatment Centre. This is a part time role working 19 hours per week.
At Devizes we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the local and surrounding area. We believe in treating you as quickly as possible – helping you to get better, faster.
We offer day treatments across the following areas:
dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, joint replacements (outpatient assessment only), minor orthopaedic surgery, ophthalmology, and urology.
Theatre Team Lead - Anaesthetics
As a Theatre Practitioner you will provide safe and effective clinical care, working closely with all disciplines to ensure the promotion of high standards fr patients during all aspects of the preoperative, peri-operative and postoperative pathway.
Key duties will include:
• Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care within your sphere of responsibility, having regard for the differing needs of sedation, anaesthesia, surgery and recovery
• Ensuring that the Recovery area is a clean and safe environment for the treatment of post-operative patients
• Keeping the Anaesthetist, Surgeon and Senior Clinical Lead up to date on patient’s condition when appropriate
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Extensive experience gained in an acute environment
• NMC registered Nurse or HCPC Operating Department Practitioner
Please note that this is a part time role, working 19 hours per week.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
For more information about the centre, please visit http://www.devizestreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.