We have a new opportunity for a Bank Scrub Practitioner to join our multidiscplinary theatre team at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre.
With an excellent reputation The Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre has been delivering high quality care to NHS patients in Somerset for 12 years. The hospital has been assessed as top of the national PROMS table from patients having had knee replacements and eighth nationally for hip replacements. It was also recently rated ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in a newly published inspection report - putting the it at the very top of the regulator’s quality ratings across England.
We offer a range of treatments across a number of specialities including general surgery, orthopaedics, endoscopy, gastroenterology. gynaecology, urology, ENT and ophthalmology. We also provide diagnostic imaging and pain management services.
As a Scrub Practitioner, you will be expected to actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre suite
Key duties will be:
• Being competent in all aspects of anaesthetic technique and procedures
• Maintaining accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition and alerting medical staff when required
• Assisting in ensuring that the department is at all times clean and organised with sufficient supplies and equipment which are correctly cleaned, in working order and correctly stored
• Monitoring theatre procedures with regards to checking of swabs, needles and instruments
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Recent relevant experience
• Clinical experience in Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Ophthalmic Surgery, Gynaecology and ENT surgical procedures
• NMC registered Nurse or HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner
The hourly rate for this position will be between £15 and £18 per hour dependent on experience.
Care UK has been awarded an 8 year contract, in partnership with Somerset Partnership NHS Trust, to develop and manage the health and wellbeing campus at Shepton Mallet. This is an exciting venture, one which will give an opportunity to progress innovative ways of providing healthcare in line with the NHS Five Year Forward View’s vision of bringing care closer to home. The prospect for individuals working with us in this dynamic leading-edge environment will give professional healthcare practitioners a chance to drive improvements in local healthcare provision.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
For more information about the centre, please visit http://www.sheptonmallettreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.