We are currently sourcing for a Theatre Practitioner to join us. Our Theatre Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will keep up a high standard of holistic, evidence based patient care within the Theatre Department by demonstrating a high level of clinical competence, the ability to manage and practice within a team and to support and supervise the learning of others.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A package including an hourly rate of £30,906, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
•The support of a fantastic team
•Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• Provide peri-operative care appropriate to individual surgical needs of patient.
• Participate in anaesthetic, Recovery, Endoscopy and Scrub activities.
• Be responsible for the accurate accounting of all disposable and non-disposable instrumentation before, during and following a clinical procedure.
• Be responsible for ensuring accurate patient documentation is maintained at all times, with due regard for legal aspects, confidentiality and management of information requirements.
• Ensure that the handling of specimens is carried out safely and the recording of collection is accurate.
• Ensure the safe positioning and transfer of patients within the department in accordance with trust and theatre policy and procedures.
• Ensure that work areas are prepared and stocked in anticipation of elective and emergency operational requirements. Identify depleted stock levels and initiate ordering of required resources.
• Ensure availability and readiness of all equipment and instrumentation before anaesthesia commences in all cases.
• Ensure the work area is cleaned and prepared in accordance with infection control policy.
• Participate in clinical audit.
• Work toward and/or maintain Advance Life Support qualification.
Skills & Experience
• Minimum 1 years recent Theatre experience
• A reflective approach to own work and work of others
• Excellent communication skills at all levels, verbally and in writing
• Attention to detail
• Commitment and willingness to learn
• Able to adapt effectively and positively to change
• Ability to work effectively in a busy environment
• Able to work well within a team
• Knowledge of customer care
• RN/ODP registered with NMC/HCPC
• Educated to diploma level or working towards
• Evidence of CPD
• Working towards relevant Degree
• Relevant Theatre based course
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.