We are currently sourcing for a Theatre Nurse/Practitioner to join our Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre. The Theatre Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre department. To become competent in all aspects of clinical practice within the Operating Department.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of up to £33,000 per annum dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• To maintain accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition and alert medical staff when required.
• To be able to interpret the significance of data to the patient’s health status.
• To effectively communicate the accurately recorded data within the Theatre/Anaesthetic multi disciplinary team, updating and revising care as appropriate.
• To identify and discuss the nursing problems or needs with the patient, relatives and other staff as deemed necessary.
• To plan own self development and further develop both clinical / management skills and knowledge.
• As a member of the Theatre/Anaesthetic staff team, plan ways to solve / identify problems within the department and implement solutions in collaboration with other staff.
• To promote the incorporation of discharge planning and health education into patient care, ensuring safe discharge of day surgery patients.
• To provide a lead role in a defined area of specialist nursing care
• To act as a role model and support junior staff in formulating individualised care pathways, based on nursing diagnosis, and defining actions to the taken.
• To assist in ensuring that the department is at all times clean and organised with sufficient supplies and equipment which are correctly cleaned, in working order and correctly stored.
• To participate in implementing planned change to improve the function of the department.
• To plan daily assignments with speciality team members.
• To be competent in all aspects of theatre technique and procedures.
• To monitor theatre procedures with regards to checking of swabs, needles and instruments.
• To run theatre lists both efficiently and competently following policies and procedures.
Skills & Experience
• Recent and relevant experience of working within a theatre environment
• Recent experience within an acute environment with experience in the recovery of patients following surgery
• Extensive clinical experience in either Orthopaedics, General surgery and Opthalmics
• NMC Registered General Nurse
• HCPC Registered Operating Department Practitioner
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.