St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre are looking for a skilled Surgical First Assistant/Advanced Scrub Practitioner to join their ever growing Theatre Team.
Our clean, modern and comfortable hospital based in Portsmouth specialises in minor hand and foot surgery, eye surgery, general surgery, urology, colorectal surgery and endoscopy.
Theatre and Day Surgery Unit Ward Manager
• To provide skilled assistance under the direction and supervision of a consultant surgeon during surgery cases
• To act as a theatre practitioner undertaking an advanced role within the theatre setting
• To work as a pro-active effective member of the multidisciplinary team, by providing expert skills in the planning, delivery and evaluation of patient care
• Undertake clinical procedures such as catheterisation, venepuncture and IV cannulation
• To facilitate the collaboration between nursing and other professionals to ensure a planned and co-ordinated approach to the delivery of healthcare
Skills & Experience
• Relevant Experience as Advanced Scrub Practitioner
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritise and manage workload within the department
• NMC Registered Nurse Part 1 / HCPC Registered Practitioner
• Qualification as Advanced Scrub Practitioner or equivalent
Care UK offer a generous relocation allowance for applicants outside of the local area. (T&C's apply)
For further details about the Treatment Centre please visit http://www.stmarystreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.