Due to a projected expansion of the service at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre we are actively looking to recruit across all departments. Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre was the first independently owned treatment centre to receive an “outstanding” CQC rating so if you are looking to join an organisation that puts the patient at the heart of everything we do then we want to hear from you.
We have a new opportunity for experienced Registered Nurses to join our multidisciplinary team as Shift Leaders.
Not only are our facilities state-of-the-art, with us, you will be able to focus on what really matters; delivering a high standard of patient care. You will also be able to benefit from our fully supported training programmes, on site café and free parking.
Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre offers high quality elective surgery for the local populations of Devon and Cornwall, specialising in hip and knee joint replacements, shoulder repair, hand and elbow surgery, foot surgery and minor orthopaedic procedures. We also deliver Ophthalmology and General surgery.
Relocation packages available.
In this role you will act as Clinical Lead for all Registered Nurses, supporting and working with the Ward manager and Deputy Ward manager.
Key duties will include:
• Providing skilled and considerate nursing care to patients in the department taking into account their specific needs
• Supervising/directing Registered nurses and Healthcare Assistants to ensure safe practice
• Taking responsibility for maintaining accurate, timely and complete records
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Extensive post registration surgical experience in a variety of surgical specialities
• The ability to manage a team and plan their work effectively
• The ability to teach/train nursing staff
• NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
• A qualification in teaching and assessment.
• Immediate Life support (ILS)
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
For more information about the centre, please visit http://www.peninsulatreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.