We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse to join our multidisciplinary team at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre in Bristol.
At Emersons Green we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Bristol, Bath, North and North East Somerset, and South Gloucestershire.
Bristol has been named the best place to live in Britain in 2017 by the Sunday Times best places to live guide. In 2015 it was the European Green Capital and in 2017 Rough Guide included it in one of the top 10 cities to visit in the world. With two railway stations you can easily reach London, Swansea and Cardiff as well as taking advantage of services to Birmingham and the North East. You also benefit from being close to the M4 as well as Bristol Airport.
First opened in 2009, Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre was awarded ‘Good’ in its last CQC Inspection in July 2016. The site offers state of the art operating facilities with care provided by highly trained clinical professionals who are able to take advantage of some of the best training and development opportunities in healthcare.
Relocation packages available.
Outpatient & Pre-assessment Team and Endoscopy Manager
In this role, you will be expected to support the team Manager and Lead Nurse in the continued development of the Outpatient and Pre-assessment service in the centre. You will also deputise for the Lead Nurse when required.
• Collaborating with the medical staff to ensure that the patient is medically cleared for surgery, thereby reducing the number of patient cancellations
• Working in partnership with the Outpatient Lead and Clinical Heads of Department in ensuring that the patients’ admission is appropriate based on diagnosis and that the scheduling of patients is efficient and effective, ensuring a highly effective fast track service for day care and inpatient cases
• Ensuring prompt action to resolve the concerns of patients and their families
• Supporting the Outpatient Lead by being visible and accessible to patients, relatives and clinical staff and offering assistance, advice and support as required.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Substantial experience at band 5 or equivalent in an acute surgical setting
• Have taken an active role in promoting, developing and sustaining quality service delivery
• The ability to demonstrate evidence based practice
• Experience of service development in a clinical area
• Orthopaedic/Ophthalmic experience
• NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
At Emersons Green, we offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, ophthalmology, and urology. In addition we also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology.
For more information about Emersons Green, please visit http://www.emersonsgreentreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.