St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre in Portsmouth are currently looking for a Registered Nurse with copious Endoscopy experience to join their Day Surgery Unit team.
At St Mary’s we are passionate about creating an exceptional experience for all NHS patients, and are dedicated to delivering the highest standards of quality and safety.
This is a dynamic elective day surgery environment which requires an ability to work effectively as a multi professional team member within a fast paced environment. Staff should have excellent patient education and communication skills.
• The post holder is responsible for supporting the day to day management of a group of staff and is responsible for the allocation and supervision of qualified staff or students.
• Must be an effective communicator within their own team and take responsibility and supports the implementation, dissemination and evaluation of information at all levels.
• Is aware of the applicable National Minimum Standards in relation to the Care Quality Commission procedures/protocols and annual inspection. This includes knowledge of specific departmental policies.
• Plays an active role in adhering to the outcomes and action plans for Clinical and Non-Clinical Risk Assessments for Patient Care and the Environment.
• Supervises and monitors the system for patient focussed care which includes; assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of care in line with Care UK’s model of care. This requires the position to carry a clinical workload on a planned basis.
Skills & Experience
• Experience as a qualified nurse in Endoscopy and ability to supervise and lead a team.
• Broad Range of competences matched to job description and specification illustrated in CV.
• RN (Level 1), BSc / Diploma in Nursing or other relevant Post Graduate Clinical Qualification or a Portfolio demonstrating relevant experience.
For more information about St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre, please visit http://www.stmarystreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.