We have a new opportunity for a scrub practitioner to join the multidisciplinary team at our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre
At Emersons Green, we only treat NHS patients and we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Bristol, Bath, North and North East Somerset, and South Gloucestershire.
In 2014 The Sunday Times named Bristol as the best city in Britain in which to live, in 2015 it was the European Green Capital and in 2017 Rough Guide included it in one of the top 10 cities to visit in the world. With two railway stations you can easily reach London, Swansea and Cardiff as well as taking advantage of services to Birmingham and the North East. You also benefit from being close to the M4 as well as Bristol Airport.
First opened in 2009, Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre was awarded ‘Good’ in its last CQC Inspection in July 2016. The site offers state of the art operating facilities with care provided by highly trained clinical professionals who are able to take advantage of some of the best training and development opportunities in healthcare.
Relocation packages available.
Working as part of the theatre team, you will be expected to actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre and PACU.
Key duties will include:
• Running theatre lists both efficiently and competently following procedure
• Monitoring theatre procedures with regards to checking of swabs, needles and instruments.
• Assisting other members of the team in the preparation and cleaning of all theatre areas
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Extensive relevant experience across different specialities e.g. Orthopaedics, General surgery, Opthalmics
• Recovery experience
• Knowledge of Health & Safety/Risk Management within the operating department
• NMC registered Nurse or HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner
• Specialist theatre/recovery/day surgery training
At Emersons Green, we offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology. In addition we also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology.
For more information about Emersons Green, please visit http://www.emersonsgreentreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.