We have a new opportunity for Scrub Practitioners to join our multidiscplinary theatre team at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre.
At Shepton Mallet, we only treat NHS patients and we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Somerset. We believe in treating you as quickly as possible – helping you to get better, faster.
We offer a range of treatments across a number of specialities including general surgery, orthopaedics, endoscopy, gastroenterology. gynaecology, urology, ENT and ophthalmology. We also provide diagnostic imaging and pain management services.
As a Scrub Practitioner, you will be expected to actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre suite
Key duties will be:
• Being competent in all aspects of anaesthetic technique and procedures
• Maintaining accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition and alerting medical staff when required
• Assisting in ensuring that the department is at all times clean and organised with sufficient supplies and equipment which are correctly cleaned, in working order and correctly stored
• Monitoring theatre procedures with regards to checking of swabs, needles and instruments
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Recent relevant experience
• Clinical experience in Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Ophthalmic Surgery, Gynaecology and ENT surgical procedures
• NMC registered Nurse or HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner
Care UK has been awarded an 8 year contract, in partnership with Somerset Partnership NHS Trust, to develop and manage the health and wellbeing campus at Shepton Mallet. This is an exciting venture, one which will give an opportunity to progress innovative ways of providing healthcare in line with the NHS Five Year Forward View’s vision of bringing care closer to home. The prospect for individuals working with us in this dynamic leading-edge environment will give professional healthcare practitioners a chance to drive improvements in local healthcare provision.
For more information about the centre, please visit http://www.sheptonmallettreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.