We are currently sourcing for a Pre-assessment Nurse to join our Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre. Our Outpatients Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will function as a clinical practitioner within the Outpatient and Pre-assessment Service and will be responsible for the delivery of patient care, managing and organising a work load on a daily basis. The post holder will ensure effective communication in which high quality patient care is delivered.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including an annual salary of up to £27,000 dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• To work with all members of the multi professional team practising and maintaining a high standard of clinical care supported by evidence based practice. Participating in all activities of the department to enhance the patients experience and ensuring safety for patients, visitors and staff.
• Undertake physical examination and history taking in order to assess suitability for elective procedure and to identify risk factors contra-indicating surgery or outside Peninsula Treatment Centres exclusion criteria
• Carry out appropriate clinical investigations according to agreed protocols to aid thorough assessment of the patient prior to admission. E.g. bloods, ECG, MRSA swabbing, MSU
• Perform a thorough nursing assessment of patients including active planning of patient discharge by liaising with relevant members of the multi-disciplinary team.
• Be responsible for maintaining high standards of clinical practice and patient care by the use of clinical example.
• Collaborates with the medical staff to ensure that the patient is medically cleared for surgery thereby reducing the number of patient cancellations.
• To effectively support, supervise and teach clinical registered and support staff to ensure that time and resources are managed through effective teamwork.
• To ensure compliance in meeting the Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulatory standards, and those of NHSLA where relevant
• Ensuring prompt communication with the line manager to resolve the concerns of patients and their families.
• To ensure that accidents/incidents and complaints are correctly dealt with and fully documented on Datix. Promptly inform all relevant personnel of the details of any of these events in accordance with Care UK policy.
Skills & Experience
• Recent experience at Band 5 or equivalent in an acute surgical setting.
• Experience in a pre-assessment/outpatient setting
• Ability to demonstrate evidence based practice.
• Ability to maintain and enhance effective working relationships
• IT Skills
• Ability to plan, allocate and evaluate own work and develop self to enhance performance of others.
• Ability to teach/train/ develop Health Care Assistants
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Report writing skills
• Able to meet the needs of the patients
• Computer literacy
• Prepared to undertake appropriate pre-assessment qualifications and courses
• Ability to work closely with and gain the respect of medical colleagues.
• Ability to take a clinical lead whilst reporting to a team leader
• NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
• Evidence of Continued professional development
• Basic/ Intermediate Life Support Skills
• ECG, Venepuncture training
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.