We have an exciting opportunity for a registered nurse to join our dedicated team at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre in Plymouth.
Recently achieving an "outstanding" rating from the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the treatment centre is the first independent sector treatment centre to achieve this and are in the top three per cent of hospitals in the country to receive this rating.
Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre offers high quality elective surgery for the local populations of Devon and Cornwall, specialising in hip and knee joint replacements, shoulder repair, hand and elbow surgery, foot surgery and minor orthopaedic procedures. We also deliver Ophthalmology, General and ENT surgery.
Not only are our facilities state-of-the-art, with us, you will be able to focus on what really matters; delivering a high standard of patient care. You will also be able to benefit from our fully supported training programmes, on site café and free parking.
Reporting to the Outpatient Manager, you will function as a clinical practitioner within the outpatient and pre-assessment service and will take responsibility for the delivery of patient care.
Key duties to include:
• Undertaking physical examination and history taking in order to assess suitability for elective procedure and to identify risk factors
• Carrying out appropriate clinical investigations according to agreed protocols to aid thorough assessment of the patient prior to admission e.g. bloods, ECG, MRSA swabbing, MSU
• Performing a thorough nursing assessment of patients including active planning of patient discharge by liaising with relevant members of the multi-disciplinary team
• Collaborating with the medical staff to ensure that patients are medically cleared for surgery thereby reducing the number of patient cancellations.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Recent experience at Band 5 or equivalent in an acute surgical setting
• Experience in a pre-assessment/outpatient setting
• The ability to teach/train/ develop Health Care Assistants
• Familiarity with Safety and Infection control policy and procedures
• NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
• Basic/ Intermediate Life Support Skills
• ECG, Venepuncture training
For more information about the centre, please visit http://www.peninsulatreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.