An exciting new opportunity within General Practice
Care UK is delivering a brand new model of care for general practice called Practice Plus. Working with a leading Pharmacy Partner, the Practice Plus provides an enhanced general practice service to NHS patients through the use of technology and remote care, as well as face-to-face appointments.
We offer patients face-to-face, home-visits or telephone appointments within 48 hours of them calling, and often on the same day. The service also offers a wide range of approved NHS tests which can be done before the patients see a healthcare professional.
Patients have access to a “personal health hub” where they can organise routine appointments and order repeat prescriptions online 24 hours a day. The hub also provides an intuitive symptom checker, where wellbeing advice is given and tailored to their needs.
Practice Plus is currently operating in Brighton for the time being, but with ambitious plans to expand this is an exciting time to join the service and become part of something new, with endless possibilities for career development and progression.
About the Job
As one of our Practice nurses for the new service you’ll be vital to delivering chronic disease, administering immunisations, vaccinations and infant injections, management clinics, travel health, women’s health and other treatment room tasks.
You’ll be able to develop and build upon your general practice to NHS patients through our enhanced service with the use of technology, remote care and local clinical services.
You’ll provide mentoring to our lovely HCA’s as well as new members of staff joining our team and equally receive supportive clinical supervision that will enable you to develop your own training opportunities.
You’ll work alongside GP’s, ANP’s, HCA’s and other non-clinical staff to deliver the best possible patient care.
Practice Plus is open from 8am – 8pm Monday – Saturday and Sunday 11-17; therefore shifts range from 4, 6 and 8 hours in length working on a rota basis. Rota’s are planned 6 weeks in advance, enabling you to plan your personal life around work.
We also have permanent and bank opportunities available, which will give you the flexibility to choose how you wish to work.
What can we offer you?
• Up to £35,800 (pro-rata for part-time)
• Competitive hourly rates for bank
• Company Pension
• Indemnity Cover
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
• Varied, interesting and challenging work
• Cycle to work scheme
• Online discounts
How will we support you?
• Regional and National career development opportunities
• Supported development into specialities such as diabetes or asthma
• Regular clinical supervision and education events, including the opportunity to have a weekly case
discussion with the Medical Lead
• Bimonthly evening meals/clinical updates for the team, where we also invite external speakers
• Our bespoke Learning Management System to address your learning needs
• Discounted rates for national GP update/clinical topic refreshers.
• Support from the wider team, should you need it.
What we’ll need from you
• Experience working as an autonomous Practice Nurse within a Primary/Urgent Care environment
• Qualified RGN with valid NMC PIN number
• Have Chronic Disease management and other treatment Room experience
For further information on Practice Plus, please visit: https://practiceplus.co.uk/
If you would like to talk to one of our friendly recruiters for further information or for a full, comprehensive job description, please contact Lucy Brown email@example.com / 07811531508
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.