To work independently leading on the provision of chronic disease working in partnership with General Practitioners and wider Healthcare Services.
Provide clinical leadership and support management to the wider Nursing Team within the service.
Provide and Promote health education to individuals and the wider prison population
Head of Healthcare
• The coordination and delivery of chronic disease management and care
• Develop and improve chronic disease provision
• Ensure that identified lines of communication are maintained with patients, colleagues and external agencies to demonstrate politeness and courtesy and sensitivity promoting the corporate image of Care UK.
• To participate and assist in the systematic monitoring, review and evaluation of nursing practice through clinical audit.
• To participate and assist in the setting of standards of patient care based on sound research findings.
• Act as a positive role model to staff and patients.
• Assess individual’s health needs displaying excellent triage skills.
Skills & Experience
• Proven post registration experience
• Acute specialities at a Band 5 or equivalent
• Experience of working autonomously
• 1st level Registered Nurse with current registration with the UK Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC).
• Evidence of Continuous Professional Development to maintain up-to-date knowledge and on-going competence in all aspects of the senior healthcare role
Further job information:
This is a full time role, working 37.5 hours per week, across 7 days on a rota basis. The salary for this role is £28,500 - £33,000 - dependent on experience. We also welcome part-time and Bank applications.
Please note that this role is subject to Care UK Terms & Conditions and offers of employment are subject to satisfactory receipt of references, enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.