We have an exciting opportunity for a Paediatric Nurse Practitioner to join our team at Southampton Minor Injuries Unit (MIU).
At the MIU, we provide fast, convenient and expert care to NHS patients presenting with minor injuries. Our team of skilled Nurse and Paramedic Practitioners can offer treatment, advice and information for a range of minor injuries and our waiting times can be considerably shorter than at emergency departments.
In this role, you will work autonomously within your sphere of competency while being a support and resource to less experiences members of staff. You must be able to assess patients, plan their care, administer treatment and discharge them or refer as appropriately if necessary.
To be successful in the role you will have:
• NMC registration as a Childrens Nurse or dual qualified
• Paediatric Life Support certificate
• Evidence of current paediatric experience
• Proven post-registration experience including evidence of working in Minor Injuries/Illness Units, A&E or a primary care environment
In return, we can offer you:
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave + 8 public holidays
• Company Pension Scheme
• Care UK Perks including cycle to work scheme and retail discounts
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
For more information or an informal discussion please contact Sonia Sanghvi on 0118 952 1921 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.