Care UK have a vacancy for a Paediatric Nurse Practitioner to work in our Minor Injury Unit based out of Southampton.
This is a permanent for for 37.5 hours per week.
The remuneration goes up to £36905.40 per annum depending on experience.
The post holder will need to be able to physically assess and diagnose and treat children in the minor injury unit.
The role is to assist in the provision of a quality nurse led service to patients attending the Walk in Centre. The role requires you to function autonomously and within your sphere of competency, whilst being a support and resource to less experienced members of staff. You must be able to assess patients, plan their care, administer treatment and discharge them or refer them as appropriate to other healthcare professionals / external agencies. The Walk in Centre is a clinical facility which requires in individual to have the ability to work effectively as part of a multi professional team within a fast pace environment, in line with the protocols and policies of the local Service and Care UK.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Registered Nurse with Paeds or Dual trained current registration with the UK Nursing
Midwifery Council (NMC).
• Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
• Post registration qualification in autonomous practice or equivalent
• Paediatric Life Support Certificate
• Proven post registration experience including evidence of working in any of these following
Minor Injuries / Illness Units
Accident & Emergency
Primary Care environment
• Evidence of current paediatric experience
• Experience of working autonomously
• Evidence of team leadership and supervision of junior staff
• Evidence of teaching and assessing others
• Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
• Post registration certificate in
Paediatric Minor Illness
Paediatric Minor Injury
• MSc level 7 in relevant area of practise
• Teaching and assessing qualification
• Paediatric Life Support provider
• Independent Nurse Prescriber or willing to undertake course – Centre dependent
• Experience of supporting a team
• Evidence of participation in clinical supervision / mentorship (either in the supervised or