We are currently sourcing for an Outpatient Nurse to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Outpatient Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will be responsible for the supporting the Outpatient Manager and Lead Nurse in the continued development of the outpatient and pre-assessment service within the Emersons Green Treatment Centre. The post holder will ensure effective communication in which high quality, cost effective services are delivered and where creativity, innovation and staff development all underpin the approach to managing the outpatient department in which each member of staff is recognised and valued.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of up to £30,000 per annum dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Outpatient & Pre-assessment Team and Endoscopy Manager
To actively and consistently promote the highest standard of patient care ensuring that all care given is to the highest possible standard according to professional body guidelines, research based nursing practice and Care UK policies and procedures
• To work in partnership with the Outpatient Lead and Clinical Heads of Department in ensuring that the patients’ admission is appropriate based on diagnosis and that the scheduling of patients is efficient and effective, ensuring a highly effective fast track service for day care and inpatient cases appropriate to the treatment centre.
• Patient education session and materials. Works with the physicians and clinical staff to develop and maintain patient education materials. Conducts a comprehensive preoperative patient education session to ensure that planned inpatients receive adequate education regarding their surgical procedure, preparation for their stay and rehabilitation expectations.
• To review and analyse any variances to the expected outcomes of care and document in accordance with the agreed Care UK governance and data collection programme
• To play an active role in the Clinical Governance Structure, working in close liaison with the appropriate personnel ensuring that Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are recorded, monitored and achieved. To understand performance metrics and to take the appropriate response to explore any KPI results which are outside expectations.
• Participate in ensuring clinical audits are undertaken successfully and standards are achieved all subsequent requirements are documented in an action plan and implemented accordingly
• Responsible for maintaining accurate, timely and complete records ensuring the safety and confidentiality of information
• Monitor clinical practices ensuring adherence to all policies and procedures, including Decontamination; Health and Safety and Risk Management strategies
Skills & Experience
• Substantial Experience at Band 5 or equivalent in an acute surgical setting.
• Has taken an active role in promoting, developing and sustaining quality service delivery
• Ability to demonstrate evidence based practice.
• Experience of service development in a clinical area
• Orthopaedic/Ophthalmic experience
• NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.