We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Theatre Practitioner to join our multidisciplinary team at St Mary’s Treatment Centre in Portsmouth.
At St Mary’s, we are passionate about creating an exceptional experience for all NHS and private patients and are dedicated to delivering the highest standards or quality and safety.
First opened in 2005, the Treatment Centre was awarded ‘Good’ in its last CQC Inspection in July 2016. Our clean, modern and comfortable hospital offers state of the art operating facilities with care provided by highly trained clinical professionals who are able to take advantage of some of the best training and development opportunities in healthcare.
Relocation packages available.
In this role you will be responsible for providing high quality, holistic, individualised care to all patients within the department.
This will include:
• Providing high quality peri-operative care to all patients by assessing care needs and developing, implementing and evaluating them without supervision
• Taking responsibility for ensuring accurate patient documentation is maintained at all times
• Ensuring all equipment is cleaned, checked daily and maintained
• Ensuring the safe positioning and transfer of patients within the department
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role, you will have:
• Significant relevant post registration experience
• Experience in an acute environment
• NMC registered Nurse or an HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner
At St Mary’s we offer surgery across the following areas: minor hand and foot, general surgery, eye surgery, urology colorectal surgery and endoscopy. We also provide a walk in or appointment based X-ray service, an echocardiogram service (heart scan) and an ultrasound service (abdomen, pelvis and testes scan).
For more information about the service, please visit http://www.stmarystreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
If you would like to discuss the role, please contact Sonia Sanghvi at email@example.com or on 0118 952 1921.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.