Join our Mental Health Team as a Mental Health Nurse and help us positively change the way healthcare is viewed within the prison estate.
Based in a secure setting, you will have the opportunity to deliver individualised, evidence-based, patient centred nursing care to a unique and varied population.
Senior Mental Health Nurse
You will participate in the delivery of holistic care whilst working closely with a multi-disciplinary/professional team. This will involve opening/maintaining/closing and taking part in reviews of individuals being managed under the Prison Suicide and Self Harm risk management system (ACCT).
Responsibility will also be with you to assess physical and mental health of prisoners on admission to the prison so that any appropriate referral can be made.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the this role you will :
• Post-registration experience
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and team working skills
• Demonstrable critical thinking skills in clinical decision making
• Experience of key-working and care planning
• Willing to undertake education/courses relevant to area of practice and service development
• Understanding of clinical governance and its relevance to delivering Health Care in a Prison setting
• Registered 1st Level RMN
• Current NMC Registration
• Evidence of continued professional development post registration.
This is a full-time role, working 37.5 hours per week. The salary for this role is £25,500-£29,000 per annum - dependent on experience.
Please note that this role is subject to Care UK Terms & Conditions and offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references, a DBS check and prison vetting.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.