About the job
The Worcester OOH service provides advice, information and treatment for NHS patients who become unwell during the out-of-hours period when their own GP surgery is closed.
As well as being the Safeguarding and Infection Prevention and Control Lead, The Lead Nurse will establish inter-agency working to ensure good communication increases the quality of care for patients. Their own clinical practice should be consistent with the autonomous role expected of an advanced nurse practitioner.
The leadership role will encompass motivating and inspiring a team of Advanced Nurse/Care Practitioners, Nurse Practitioners and Urgent Care Practitioners at the Worcester OOH. The lead will also play an integral role within the management team comprised of the Service manager and Lead GP. The role will consist of 22.5 hours a week ( 3days 7.5 hours a day) and with support for our Warwickshire, Coventry and Rugby OOH site as and when required.
In addition to the Lead Nurse role, you will be expected to do a number of clinical hours within the service that can be negotiated.
What can we offer you?
• £55,000 per annum (pro rata)
• Company Pension
• Indemnity Cover
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
• Varied, interesting and challenging work
• Cycle to work scheme
• Online discounts
How will we support you?
• Regional and National career development opportunities
• Regular clinical supervision and education events, including the opportunity to have a weekly case
discussion with the Medical Lead
• Bimonthly evening meals/clinical updates for the team, where we also invite external speakers
• Our bespoke Learning Management System to address your learning needs
• Discounted rates for national update/clinical topic refreshers.
• Support from the wider team, should you need it.
What we'll need from you
• Experience in working in a management or lead role, but full support will be given to develop
leadership skills further.
• Be an autonomous Clinical Practitioner with at least 1 years’ experience within a Primary/Urgent Care
• Have completed your Masters in Advanced Practice
• Hold an independent prescribing qualification
• Be registered with either the HCPC or NMC
• Be able to see, treat and discharge patients of all ages with unscheduled presentations
About Care UK
Care UK was founded in 1982. Today our healthcare services include treatment centres, prison health services, GP practices, NHS walk-in centres, GP out-of-hours and clinical assessment and diagnostics facilities. This means that we provide a greater range of specialist care services than any other organisation in the UK.
Care UK is the largest independent provider of urgent care services in England incorporating OOH's, single point of access and referral management. We deliver excellent, high value patient care on behalf of the NHS for over eight million patients across England.
We work with the NHS to deliver high quality healthcare services, reducing waiting times and giving the patient a greater level of choice. We also take healthcare services closer to where people live and work – increasing the efficiency and quality of the services we deliver and helping to reduce waiting times.
For more information, please visit our website
If you would like to talk to our friendly recruiters for further information, or for a full, comprehensive Job Description, please contact Lucy Brown Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you would like to talk to one of our friendly recruiters for further information or for a full, comprehensive job description, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org