The North East London NHS Treatment Centre are looking for a skilled First Assistant/Advanced Scrub Practitioner to join their ever growing Theatre Team.
The Treatment Centre based in Ilford offers day treatments and inpatient surgery across Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Oral Surgery and Endoscopy to the NHS patients in North East London and Essex. All surgery is elective and planned well in advance.
• To provide skilled assistance under the direction and supervision of a consultant surgeon during surgery cases
• To act as a theatre practitioner undertaking an advanced role within the theatre setting
• To work as a pro-active effective member of the multidisciplinary team, by providing expert skills in the planning, delivery and evaluation of patient care
• Undertake clinical procedures such as catheterisation, venepuncture and IV cannulation
• To facilitate the collaboration between nursing and other professionals to ensure a planned and co-ordinated approach to the delivery of healthcare
Skills & Experience
• Relevant Experience as Advanced Scrub Practitioner
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritise and manage workload within the department
• NMC Registered Nurse Part 1 / HCPC Registered Practitioner
• Qualification as Advanced Scrub Practitioner or equivalent
Care UK offer a generous relocation allowance for applicants outside of the local area. (T&C's apply)
For more information about the North East London NHS Treatment Centre, please visit http://www.nelondontreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.