St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre in Portsmouth are currently looking for an Endoscopy RGN to join the team on a full time permanent basis. This is a dynamic elective day surgery environment which requires an ability to work effectively as a multi professional team member within a fast paced environment. Staff should have excellent patient education and communication skills.
Applications from Nurses without Endoscopy experience are welcome
The salary for this role is to £28,000 per annum with an increase to £29,100 on passing probation
At St Mary’s we are passionate about creating an exceptional experience for all NHS patients, and are dedicated to delivering the highest standards of quality and safety.
Our clean, modern and comfortable hospital specialises in minor hand and foot surgery, eye surgery, general surgery, urology, colorectal surgery and Endoscopy procedures.
• Through a system of workload and activity scoring, feeds back to supervisors and managers on resource issues related to direct patient care. Collects data for matching workload with available resource. The management of resource includes adopting Care UK policies on procurement of equipment and supplies
• Plays an active role in adhering to the outcomes and action plans for Clinical and Non-Clinical Risk Assessments for Patient Care and the Environment
• Supervises and monitors the system for patient focused care which includes; assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of care in line with Care UK’s model of care. This requires the position to carry a clinical workload on a planned basis
Skills & Experience
• Experience as a qualified nurse and ability to supervise a team.
• Ideally some experience of the Independent Sector.
• Broad range of competencies matched to job description and specification illustrated in CV.
• RN (Level 1), BSc / Diploma in Nursing or other relevant Post Graduate Clinical Qualification or a Portfolio demonstrating relevant experience.
For more information about the Treatment Centre please visit http://www.stmarystreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.