We have an exciting new opportunity for an Endoscopy Nurse to join our multidisciplinary team at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre in Bristol.
At Emersons Green we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Bristol, Bath, North and North East Somerset, and South Gloucestershire.
Bristol has been named the best place to live in Britain in 2017 by the Sunday Times best places to live guide. In 2015 it was the European Green Capital and in 2017 Rough Guide included it in one of the top 10 cities to visit in the world. With two railway stations you can easily reach London, Swansea and Cardiff as well as taking advantage of services to Birmingham and the North East. You also benefit from being close to the M4 as well as Bristol Airport.
First opened in 2009, Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre was awarded ‘Good’ in its last CQC Inspection in July 2016. The site offers state of the art operating facilities with care provided by highly trained clinical professionals who are able to take advantage of some of the best training and development opportunities in healthcare.
Relocation packages available.
Outpatient and Pre-assessment Team and Endoscopy Manager
As a Nurse working in endoscopy at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre, you will be expected to provide a high quality service within the endoscopy department.
Key duties will include:
• Providing skilled and considerate nursing care to patients in the endoscopy department taking into account their specific needs during procedures utilising the appropriate Care UK Integrated Care Pathway (ICP)
• Preparing the endoscopy room and equipment and provides specialist assistance to the endoscopist throughout the procedure as required
• Promoting the incorporation of discharge planning and health education into patient care, ensuring safe discharge of endoscopy patients
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Experience in day care/ short stay nursing
• IV drug administration, venepuncture and cannulation skills
• Basic/Intermediate life support skills
• Endoscopy experience
• NMC Registered Nurse Level 1
This role would suit a registered nurse without experience in endoscopy who is interested in the specialty.
At Emersons Green, we offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology. In addition we also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology.
For more information about Emersons Green, please visit http://www.emersonsgreentreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/ or call Sonia Sanghvi on 0118 952 1921.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.